FASHION + BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE

Pages

1.10.15

NEW H&M BEAUTY REVIEWS | ALL DAY LIQUID FOUNDATION | HIGH IMPACT EYE COLOUR, PURE RADIANCE POWDER BLUSHER | COLOUR ESSENCE EYE CREAM | CREAM LIP COLOUR

I recently picked a few items up from H&M's new beauty department and I have been experimenting with them every since (blog post here). This is going to a very detailed and long post, so stay with me till the end.

ALL DAY LIQUID FOUNDATION WITH SPF 15

H&M ALL DAY LIQUID FOUNDATION - WARM BEIGE
PACKAGING
Packaging wise, the pump applicator is quite good and dispenses how much product you want depending on the pressure of your hand. The black detail and font make the product look very sleek and comes in a durable plastic container, so it won't smash when you drop it on the floor.

PRODUCT & APPLICATION
Product wise, the 'liquid' foundation, is not liquid at all, the texture reminds me of a my Missha BB cream which is incredibly thick. I found the product difficult to apply and experimented with a range of different applications. 

First day I used the product I used a damp beauty blender, I had to use 4 full pumps of product to apply my face for a decent coverage and still found it difficult to cover a lot of scarring and blemishes on my face. Their is also a scent, which reminds me of baby wipes, I don't mind this and it does not linger on throughout the day. 

Second day I used the foundation, I used two different application methods, using my hands first. The product was really hard to blend with my fingers and the foundation was really tugging on my skin and becoming streaky, there's me thinking ' I'm going to get wrinkles' and I gave up after applying on one side of my cheeks. So I picked up my real techniques buffing brush and applied the rest of my face and it did still slightly tug onto my skin. I used 3 pumps altogether for my forehead, and both cheeks, and small little drops to cover visible blemishes. The buffing brush and the beauty blender is definitely the best application method to apply this foundation.

COVERAGE
Coverage wise, I would describe this as light to medium coverage, it becomes slightly cakey because the product is so thick  that you end up applying more than one layer. The foundation is not very build able, as it becomes slightly streaky and also tugs on the skin a lot (using fingers and buffing brush). The overall finish is flawless as they describe it but you need to take your time to go over what you have applied with a damp beauty blender (who has the time?) and it does not stay that way throughout the day.

WITH AUTO COLOUR
WITHOUT AUTO COLOUR
COLOUR SELECTION
Colour selection not great. Like I said before, I found it difficult to colour match myself in-stores due to the lighting and picked up one that was called warm beige that I felt like was the safest choice as I have a warm undertone and slightly tanned skin. The colour that came out the bottle is way off. If you compare to the W3 L'Oreal True Match foundation to this I would say it's about 2-3 shades lighter, so I had difficulty making my face and neck look the same colour. When I first applied the foundation on I kept thinking 'Oh my God I look like a ghost' did I look like a ghost? yes. The foundation enhanced my dark circles because it was too light for my skin tone, Luckily enough I had my trusty Healthy Balance powder in Beige to slightly colour correct. Did I feel conscious about my skin when I was wearing this? Yes I did, the colour is not right and I don't like my makeup to look heavy.

SKIN TYPES
 If you have dry skin, please stay away from this, the foundation tugs too much on your skin, making it not worth the effort of blending all the product in and will enhance your dryness! For combination skin like me, not too good, the foundation faded around my nose in about 4 hours and became cakey on my t-zone especially my forehead, nose, chin and the areas where I applied a little drop more to cover scarring had gone patchy too.


PRICE
Price wise, it is very affordable but, I would rather fork out a couple of pounds and buy something from your local drugstore than this. I don't recommend the all day liquid foundation, I can't even give this away because my mum and sister both have dry skin. 


HIGH IMPACT EYE COLOUR

HIGH IMPACT EYE COLOUR | ACT YOUR BEIGE | £4.99
PACKAGING
Comes in a round container with 2grams of product, has a gold lid top with clear screen and white bottom packaging. Looks very sleek and incorporates into the whole collection 
PRODUCT AND APPLICATION
Eye-shadow is extremely pigmented, can be applied using fingers or brush. I used an eye-shadow brush as I have small eyelid space. Slightly powdery when dipping brush into product but nothing major like the Urban Decay Naked palettes, which is chalky. What colour you see in the container is the colour that will end up on your eyelids.
COVERAGE 
Longevity of the eyeshadow is utterly amazing, the colour lasts me the whole day even without an eyelid primer, I have slightly oily eyelids, so it did crease a little but has amazing staying power.
COLOUR 
Act Your Beige is a light golden shade with shimmer and looks beautiful when caught in the sun. There is a vast range of colours to choose from mattes, shimmers and glitter. I would want to pick up the foiled like copper shadow that was out of stock next. 
PRICE
For £4.99 I would definitely pick up a few more colours to play with, and is something worth looking into, the quality has definitely caught me by surprise. 

COLOUR ESSENCE EYE CREAM

COLOUR ESSENCE EYE CREAM | COUNTESS | £4.99
PACKAGING
Comes in a clear tub container with a easy screw on white lid and gold lettering. I found it a little difficult to reach the product as I have long nails and their is a good cm from the rim of the tub to the actual product.

PRODUCT AND APPLICATION
Contains 4.5ml of product, and I use my fingers to apply directly from the tub onto my eyes. The product has a moose like texture therefore glides seamlessly onto your eyes, contains no scent and can be used as a primer itself.


COVERAGE
Longevity of these eye creams are comparable to the Maybelline Colour Tattoo, they both last me the same time without eyelid primer.

COLOUR
There are about 6/8 colours from what I remember in the range, all quite dramtaic from your greens and blues to your purple's. Countess is one of the neutral shades in the range and contains shimmer. Countess has an orangey cooper pink tone.

PRICE
£4.99 again. If there are more neutral shade , I would definitely purchase more, you get more product that the Maybelline Colour Tattoo and is easier to work into the skin with it's moose-like texture. I recommend these a lot!



PURE RADIANCE POWDER BLUSHER

PURE RADIANCE POWDER BLUSHER | DEEP BROWN | £6.99
PACKAGING
Comes in a hexagon shaped container, with a black lid and gold bottom. Looks extremely luxurious. 

PRODUCT AND APPLICATION
Contains 5grams of product, I apply this with a simple blush brush and the products blends smoothly.

COVERAGE
Longevity of this blusher is amazing, it looked the same from when I first applied it in the morning! I had a lovely glow to my face the entire day, and is very build-able and blend-able depending on how dark/light you want.

COLOUR
There were 2/3 rows of 4 blushers laid next to each other. The colours go from one end of the spectrum to the other. Deep brown is more of a mauve shade, and creates a lovely overall glow to your complexion.

PRICE
These blushes are £6.99 each, and I am going to go through the colours and pick up a few more. The blusher caught me by surprise again, I really did not expect how much I would like it, it's sheer but build-able coverage is what makes me know it will become a staple.


CREAM LIP COLOUR

CREAM LIP COLOUR | 002 KAMBUCHA | £7.99
CREAM LIP COLOUR | 002 KAMBUCHA | £7.99
PACKAGING
Comes in sleek golden case, milk white lid and a very well designed suction (so the lid won't fall off) these lipstick are also very Instagram worthy.

PRODUCT AND APPLICATION
Contains 3.5grams of product and has a light sweet scent. I apply this directly onto the lips. The colour of the lip bullet is what colour it will appear on your lips, but the shade sticker is different to the lip bullet, so swatch carefully.

COVERAGE
Extremely pigmented, creamy and long lasting. I apply this lightly over my lips kiss onto a tissue to remove some of the excess colour. It is very build-able shade and you can choose the amount of coverage you need. 

COLOUR
There were loads of colours in the cream lip colours, 4 rows of amazing choices, from purples to bright oranges. Kambucha is a light pink coral colour (which my mum loves) that lives in my handbag now.

PRICE
These lipsticks are £7.99 each,  I want to pick up the Chestnut Nude shade(can't remember the name)  next time as it was sold out. They are really comfortable to wear and is a great pick me up item. 


WITH AUTO COLOUR - COLOUR ESSENCE EYE CREAM | PURE RADIANCE POWDER BLUSH | COLOUR LIP CREAM
WITHOUT AUTO COLOUR - COLOUR ESSENCE EYE CREAM | PURE RADIANCE POWDER BLUSH | COLOUR LIP CREAM
Have you picked up any of the new H&M beauty collection?
Until next time!
Joyce x

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I've been wanting to hear more about the new H&M makeup. I'll definitely be checking out the shadow, blush and lipstick

    Brunette-ish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fan of H&M blushes .. good review I'm excited to try the new makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know H&M had a line of make-up! I enjoyed reading this review though
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shade of lipstick! Didn't know H&M did makeup but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on them.
    x
    Aria | Girl in a Whimsical Land

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those eyeshadows look pretty great

    Boo | http://tonight-we-are-din0saurs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blusher and lipstick look so nice! Really need to try them out
    Kookii || Beauty By Her♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your review ! It's really useful !
    You really make me want to try those lipsticks !
    x
    OihanaSymphony
    http://oihanasymphony.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always forget that shops like H&M do makeup! All yours reviews are so useful. I like the look of the blusher and lipstick!

    Jessica Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was unaware that H&M has a makeup line. I guess I have been living under a rock. Wonderful and really helpful review. I have dry skin so I will certainly stay away from the foundation. The eye cream, blush and lipstick look wonderful and I will give the a try. Have a great weekend. :)

    www.chicuturnonglitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE H and M make-up! So underrated!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review, I have 2 of their blushers and cream eyeshadow - all fabulous. I'm still debating on lipsticks due to such a creamy formula, but maybe in the future. Also, I've heard some good things about highlighters :)

    passingfancyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lipsticks are quite good, quite long-lasting. I need to check out the highlighter now haha. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow the lipstick looks impressive, props to H&M. I really want to try a few bits from their new beauty collection but I have no idea if they stock them in Melbourne yet.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post. This is really useful to us, try to share more information.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ JOYCE LAU. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign